In a few hours, I turn 24.
When I was younger, I thought 24 was so old.
And by younger, I don’t just mean elementary school-age.
No, I’m talking about just a few years ago. Like, back in college.
It’s comforting and exciting to know that I’m not about to be the 24-year-old I thought I would be.
I’m not settled.
I’m not stable.
I’m not grounded.
(^ you know what I mean…^)
I’m still free.
loop is a monthly compilation of new music that you need to hear.
I missed December, but here’s January & February’s roster:
1. “Baby, Meet My Lover" by Phony Ppl (Download)
2. “Mo’Wetter Blues" by Dessy Hinds (Download)
3. “Godfather 4" by Curren$y feat. Action Bronson (Download mixtape)
4. “For You and Me" by Mikos da Gawd feat. Tele Fresco (Download)
5. “The High" by Kelela
6. “Yonce Gets Her Freak On" by Audio Savage
7. “Pantie Raid Pt. II" by Joey Bada$$ (Download)
8. “No More" by Shlohmo feat. Jeremih (Download)
9. “Made in Black America" by Common feat. Ab-Soul (Download)
10. “Klapp Klapp" by Little Dragon
11. “Jerk Ribs" by Kelis
12. “His And Her Fiend" by ScHoolboy Q feat. SZA
13. “Balmain Jeans" by Kid Cudi feat. Raphael Saadiq
14. “Freq" by Pharrell feat. Jojo
Previously: loop: october ‘13
March is Women’s History Month.
And in honor of this, I gathered tracks from some of my favorite ladies. From the Ninas to the Amys, Whitneys to the Janelles, I love y’all. Thank you for all that you do!
Stream the whole WHM playlist here or click the titles below for individual songs.